Have you Changed the World Today?
We all want to make a difference.
The #CTWChallenge ("Change the World Challenge") inspires you to start making that difference today.
Take the challenge, and you can make the world a better place.
7 DAys. 6 Ways to Spread Kindness.
Think of it like a not-so-random acts of kindness scavenger hunt.
- To begin, post it to Twitter and/or Facebook and let people know that you are Taking the Challenge! (Grab an image from the "Badges" page to post.)
- In the next seven days, see how many of the following things you can accomplish.
- Each time you hit a goal, tweet "I'm changing the world!" (or your choice of words) with hashtag #CTWChallenge.
- When you've got 'em all done, tweet and post about it on your profile, then share it to the CTWChallenge Facebook Page. Tell us the best things that happened this week because of the challenge!
Are you up to the challenge?
- Make someone smile: Choose the grumpiest-looking cashier available whenever you go shopping. See if you can make them smile.
- Renew a friendship: Contact one of your friends that you have not spoken with for at least six months and let them know how much you appreciate them.
- Build family relationships: Find a way to let each member of your family know how valued they are using a method that they will find meaningful. This does not have to be big, just something that communicates love. (Think about the Love Languages: Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, Gifts, and Quality Time.)
- Serve the servers: Think of one person you know who serves for their vocation--a pastor, teacher, volunteer, waiter/waitress, retail clerk, law enforcement officer, etc. Send them an anonymous card letting them know how much you appreciate that they do what they do, and why.
- Go the extra mile: If you already give to a cause (other than your church), find an additional way to help out--perhaps offering to do a little extra fund raising or volunteering your time to help run a booth or event or raise awareness. If you don't give to a cause, do your research and commit to one. It doesn't have to be a charitable organization--it could be political, or even just a local cause such as "cleaning up the ditches" or something, as long as you haven't done it before. (I am going to put a plug in right now for the orphanage in India which I serve. We'd love to have your support.) Get creative! Just do something!
- Spread the challenge to your friends! Post about it on social media, then leave a comment on this blog that you posted it. You can use the "Change the World Challenge" badge on your website, blog, or Facebook profile to increase visibility.
Here are just a few things you can find in the #CTWChallenge Store: