A couple of days ago, Rohini gave me a present. Well, an award, actually. Not only was I flattered, when I read her write-up of me, it kinda made me want to shuffle my feet and mumble something about it not being that big of a deal while trying to hide my blushing cheeks.
Thank you, Rohini!
Now, I get to "pay it forward" to seven other deserving bloggers. Here are the rules:
- When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
- Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
- Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’
- Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
- And then we pass it on!
Of course, I would LOVE to give it to Rohini again, but I'm sure she would agree that three times is enough! :-) (Just so you know, Rohini, you are on the list!) Like Rohini's, this list is in no particular order:
1. Graphic Designer Nerd - One look at this gal's blog, and you can tell she knows how to design one! Not only that, but her writing is often humourous and transparent, with her bubbliness apparent in every sentence.
2. The Pancake Chronicles - Colleen has made a shift to more of a photo-blog these days, but whether writing, or photographing, or designing blog headers, this gal's wonderful view on life lets you come away from her blog refreshed. She seems to find beauty in everything.
3. Hanging Out The Wash - I am in awe of Angela's artistic talent, and we could probably have a good old-fashioned cock-fight about who has their "fingers in the most pies", as Rohini referenced ;-), but it is her blogging stamina that really floors me. Besides raising her three small kids, running a household, a business , and another business , she maintains not one, but TWO blogs, leaving me a little behind with reading multiple posts a day at times! Plus, I met her through one of my best friends, Dawn , whom she went to Bible College with, so I just knew I'd like her! The other day she wrote a post that I wish I had written, talking about all those things she does. You can save me time if you go and read it here: Hating Superwoman
4. Just Swingin' A Cat Here - It's been well documented on this blog that I enjoy my brother's writing. Now that he is moving back to the land of 24/7 high-speed internet, he may even find time to design the blog he's been dreaming of. Or not. Jobs can eat up your time like that! Oh, and I know he's going to give me the evil eye for even HINTING that he should try and find at least 7 blogs that he thinks are brillante.
5. My Part of Colorado - I like Paul's format - a photo about something fun or quirky or just plain "huh?", and then a few comments about it. He sees things that most people wouldn't. And helps the rest of us see them, too. How fun is that?
6. A Little Bit Crazy - I just LOVE Anne's blog design. So cute. When I was first learning how to design my blog, I learned quite a lot from her template, actually. Plus, she has now entered the realm of "mommyblogger", since her and her husband have added a beautiful baby girl to the mix. Fun stuff, with lots of cuteness in photos! Love it!
7. Captain Cat's Diaries - This is the one gal that I am not sure of her real name, and that's probably the way she wants it, considering her job as a UN employee in the more war-torn parts of the world. In fact, she hasn't posted since August, and the last one was something about being trapped near the frontline in southeastern Afghanistan. This woman has found more guts and strength within herself than I hope I am ever called upon to display. And still she finds beauty everywhere, expressing it all in beautiful language, too.
And a bonus:
8. An Arkie's Musings - Richie was shown my blog by my mom the other day, and was inspired to start his own. Was he ever inspired! He has set himself a grueling pace already, posting nearly every day! His posts are part life-journal, part devotional. His writing style is easy to read. Go check his blog out and welcome him to blog-land, folks!
I have so much stuff to blog about, but I really must get back to packing. It's the weekend, though--hopefully I'll get some stuff up here over the next few days!