Connect with Talena
What I Do:
- I aim to inspire through fiction, my blog, knitting patterns, recipes, and freelance articles. (And my music, too.)
- I edit and coach other writers into creating their best work. (More on that coming soon.)
- I'm a work-from-home mom to four amazing boys. Three grew in my womb, one grew in my heart, but was taken home to heaven in June, 2015.
- I cook from scratch, grow as much of my own food as I can, and eat traditional, whole-food style. I believe that giving the body whole-food support can prevent many illnesses.
- In my "spare time", I love getting into my garden, taking care of my chickens, cats, and dog, and exploring other hobbies (photography, sewing and scrapbooking are favourites.)
Why I Do It:
- I believe God put you and me and every other person on this earth for a reason.
- I believe that spreading love and kindness is one of the most important things we can do.
- I believe that this world can be an amazing, magical place, but we all need to be a part of making the magic happen.
- I believe in mermaids and faeries. I really want to be a mermaid when I grow up.
- I believe that you can make a difference in your world today.
My goal is to inspire you to reach higher, try harder, and be better. I want you to realize your full potential, and always know how fabulous you are. May you be uplifted by visiting me today. Please drop me a note to let me know you were here—I'd love to hear from you!
Talena Winters inspires with words, knitting, and food. Addicted to tea, chocolate, books, and silver linings. She is the author of Finding Heaven and The Friday Night Date Dress, has written several award-winning songs, and is a regular contributor to Move Up magazine. She currently resides on an acreage in the Peace Country of northern Alberta, Canada, with her husband, three surviving boys, a Golden Retriever named Sunshine, and an assortment of farm cats and chickens. She would love to be a mermaid when she grows up.
(Want the long version? See my Media Kit page.)