What I Do:
- I aim to inspire through fiction, my blog, knitting patterns, recipes, and freelance articles. (And my music, too.)
- I'm a work-from-home mom to four amazing boys. Three grew in my womb, one grew in my heart, but was taken home to heaven in June, 2015.
- I cook from scratch, grow as much of my own food as I can, and eat traditional, whole-food style. I believe that giving the body whole-food support can prevent many illnesses.
- In my "spare time", I love getting into my garden, taking care of my chickens, cats, and dog, and exploring other hobbies (photography, sewing and scrapbooking are favourites.)
Why I Do It:
- I believe God put you and me and every other person on this earth for a reason.
- I believe that spreading love and kindness is one of the most important things we can do.
- I believe that this world can be an amazing, magical place, but we all need to be a part of making the magic happen.
- I believe in mermaids and faeries. I really want to be a mermaid when I grow up.
- I believe that you can make a difference in your world today.
My goal is to inspire you to reach higher, try harder, and be better. I want you to realize your full potential, and always know how fabulous you are. May you be uplifted by visiting me today. Please drop me a note to let me know you were here--I'd love to hear from you!
Saying "no" to trying to control things which are impossible to control anyways means saying "yes" to peace, tranquility, and more time and energy doing things I love with people I love to be with.
"The Enemy came to steal, kill, and destroy my passion, but God flipped the switch on the devil’s own scheme. The thing that was meant to keep me down helped me to focus on the essentials." Read more of Melissa's amazing story in today's blog post.
Writing reviews is probably one of the very best ways you can help your favourite authors (besides buying their books). On sites like Amazon, once a book has a certain number of reviews the platform "rewards" it by showing it in the "Also bought" lists. Some readers and book newsletters won't even consider reading a book until it has 25, 50, or even 100 reviews. But what makes a good review? Here are the "3 Rs" of writing a good book review.
Summer has been challenging for me as a work-from-home mom, but we've also made some great memories. And I am much more able to put aside my anxiety at my unfinished to-do list than I ever used to be and just enjoy the little moments.
You might think your story isn't that special, that you have nothing to give. But if you think about it, you'll probably realize that you have already learned some life lessons that others would benefit from. Have you ever wondered how your story might be a powerful blessing to others?
This iconic building of our flag inspired some insight into being our best selves. The choice is up to us.