Connect with Talena
What I Do:
- I aim to inspire through fiction, my blog, knitting patterns, recipes, and freelance articles. (And my music, too.)
- I'm a work-from-home mom to four amazing boys. Three grew in my womb, one grew in my heart, but was taken home to heaven in June, 2015.
- I cook from scratch, grow as much of my own food as I can, and eat traditional, whole-food style. I believe that giving the body whole-food support can prevent many illnesses.
- In my "spare time", I love getting into my garden, taking care of my chickens, cats, and dog, and exploring other hobbies (photography, sewing and scrapbooking are favourites.)
Why I Do It:
- I believe God put you and me and every other person on this earth for a reason.
- I believe that spreading love and kindness is one of the most important things we can do.
- I believe that this world can be an amazing, magical place, but we all need to be a part of making the magic happen.
- I believe in mermaids and faeries. I really want to be a mermaid when I grow up.
- I believe that you can make a difference in your world today.
My goal is to inspire you to reach higher, try harder, and be better. I want you to realize your full potential, and always know how fabulous you are. May you be uplifted by visiting me today. Please drop me a note to let me know you were here--I'd love to hear from you!
Talena Winters inspires with words, yarn, and food. Addicted to tea, chocolate, books, knitting, and silver linings. She is the author of Finding Heaven and The Friday Night Date Dress, has written several award-winning songs, and is a regular contributor to Move Up magazine. She currently resides on an acreage in the Peace Country of northern Alberta, Canada, with her husband, three surviving boys, a Golden Retriever named Sunshine, and an assortment of farm cats and chickens. She would love to be a mermaid when she grows up.
(Want the long version? See my Media Kit page.)
Today, I had a break from writing. So it was kind of a look-at-life-through-the-lens sort of day. Here are a few things my camera and I saw. Also, I was so honoured to be featured on Mary DeMuth's podcast the Restory Show.
A video knitting tutorial explaining my 5-in-1 Pickup technique for eliminating thumb gaps when picking up stitches.
I hosted the book launch for Finding Heaven on November 16 at my local library, two days after the book was released. It was a great event. Here are some photos to prove it.
Over and over again, I have seen how what we believe to be true about ourselves, we make true about ourselves. And there's nothing that anyone else can say to change that self-image unless we want to change it.
Two years ago, when I began this journey, I was terrified. I was newly grieving. I didn't know why this was the story God gave me to write, but I did know that it was the one I was supposed to write. Here are some early reviews that confirmed that to me.
A photo essay of what's been filling up my blog silence.