What I Do:
- I aim to inspire through fiction, my blog, knitting patterns, recipes, and freelance articles. (And my music, too.)
- I advocate for and administer an orphanage in India called Faith Children Home through Heart4Children Canada.
- I'm a work-from home mom to four amazing boys. Three grew in my womb, one grew in my heart, but was taken home to heaven in June, 2015.
- I cook from scratch, grow as much of my own food as I can, and eat traditional, whole-food style. I believe that giving the body whole-food support can prevent many illnesses.
- In my "spare time", I love getting into my garden, taking care of my chickens, cats, and dog, and exploring other hobbies (photography, sewing and scrapbooking are favourites.)
Why I Do It:
- I believe God put you and me and every other person on this earth for a reason.
- I believe that spreading love and kindness is one of the most important things we can do.
- I believe that this world can be an amazing, magical place, but we all need to be a part of making the magic happen.
- I believe in mermaids and faeries. I really want to be a mermaid when I grow up.
- I believe that you can make a difference in your world today.
My goal is to inspire you to reach higher, try harder, and be better. I want you to realize your full potential, and always know how fabulous you are. May you be uplifted by visiting me today. Please drop me a note to let me know you were here--I'd love to hear from you!
Move Up Magazine
- Building a Bridge to a Better Future
- Constructing a Future Where Kids and Community Connect
- Creating a Community for All Ages
- Green is the New Black
This spring, I had the opportunity to beta-read a novel for Calgary author P.D. Workman, who writes stories in the YA genre. Since she has just released it, I get to share it with you at last!
I think all great stories probably begin with a question that the author has to answer for themselves. Thus it was that, in 2012 while I was learning how to create a career as a writer, I also got the seed idea that eventually bloomed into Finding Heaven.
Review for great new Regency romance book "That Wicked Earl" by Jessica L. Jackson.
Wow, so much has happened last week/will be happening this week that I'm going to be posting a couple times this week. For today, because it's Monday, because it's been a while, and because I'm much better at posting these moments on Instagram and Facebook than keeping my blog updated, here's a 7 Things summary of what's been going on.
What happened when my book was captured by pirates. Turns out, it's a lot more fun when it's in fiction than when it happens to your fiction...
How we celebrated Levi's birthday, and the saga of the passing of the Caravan.