Sweaters on Pinterest and other knitting geekery, books, writing, simple comforts, and other joys of autumn. Here’s what’s been inspiring me.
A list of my favourite books for living and entertainment as of this writing.
Heather Anne asked me what my top five favourite books are. I'm going to cheat a little and answer this in two categories: Top Five Favourite Fiction books, and Top Five Most Life-Impacting books that I have read.
Top Five Favourite Fiction Books*
1. The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge
2. The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
3. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
4. Pay It Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde
5. Otherland by Tad Williams
*Read as "The Top Books I Could Narrow This Down To for a few minutes to type the list, out of the 500 or so I could actually include here.)
Top Five Most Life-Impacting Books
1. The Bible
2. The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin
3. Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, PhD
4. Captivating by John and Stasi Elderidge
5. How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
And just for fun, here are my kid's current Top Five Books:
1. Bob and Larry's ABC's
2. The Napping House
3. Cows In The Kitchen
4. Trouble in Tonka Town
5. The Gruffalo
Today, Dawn introduced me to Facebook. How flippin' cool is that!! Uh, I mean, oh Great! Another way to waste time on the internet connect with friends. Just what I needed! (Dawn, I'm not sure that was entirely kind. ;-) Just kidding. Way cool, thanks.)