This is what we ate this morning, in celebration of warmer weather and bountiful fruit available in the produce section.
- 1 pre-baked multigrain Sicilian-style pizza crust (or make your own bread crust and let cool completely.)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, left on counter for a few hours to soften (or overnight)
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (leave frozen blueberries in a cup in the fridge overnight to thaw)
- 1/2 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 lg. peach
- 1 c. whipped cream, sweetened with maple syrup and vanilla
Slice peaches and strawberries*. Arrange fruit in a pleasing manner.
Load a decorator gun (I used the Easy Accent Decorator from Pampered Chef) with the whipped cream. Pipe around edges and in the center, as desired.
Slice with a pizza slicer and enjoy! (If you can stand to eat something so pretty! :-D)
*This was super-easy using a tomato huller and an egg slicer for the strawberries. In fact, Jude even did all the slicing!