Coming November 14, 2017
What do you do when you realize that everything you are is a lie?
Sarah Daniels seems to have the perfect life--a successful career as an erotica author, a successful lawyer husband, thousands of adoring fans, and the freedom to do whatever she wants. Or does she?
Behind the façade, her marriage is in a shambles, she hates what she writes and the people who read it, and she feels trapped behind the masks of her own making. A cancer diagnosis has just dealt the final blow to the shaky foundations of her life.
A chance encounter with Steve McGuire--a man who gave up the rat race to help Mumbai's prostitutes, and who finds joy in every little thing--makes her question her priorities and wonder if it's time for a change. His example and friendship inspires her to start a journey to find God, healing, and her authentic self.
Can Sarah rediscover her passion for life with a death sentence hanging over her head? Can she conquer her personal demons and break free from her abusive past so that she can truly live?
Will Sarah ever know what real love is?
Finding Heaven is a gritty inspirational novel about healing from the hurts of abuse.
"A riveting, true-to-life tale of love's power to heal and redeem." - Melissa Keaster, author of Eleora
Content warning: Contains violence, intense scenes relating to sexual abuse, and themes not appropriate for young readers.
Read an excerpt from the book on my blog:
Want to hear more?
Finding Heaven is not yet available for order.
Release date: November 14, 2017
Publisher: My Secret Wish Publishing
ISBN (hardcover): 978-0-9947364-4-4
ISBN (paperback): 978-0-9947364-2-0
ISBN (ebook): 978-0-9947364-3-7
Genre: Gritty Women's Fiction
Sign up for my monthly newsletter to receive progress updates and to get behind-the-scenes peeks into the writing process.
Sneak Peek 1: Introducing Sarah
Sneak Peek 2: Introducing Steve
Sneak Peek 3: Why This Book?
About the Author
Talena Winters inspires with words, yarn, and food. Addicted to tea, chocolate, books, knitting, and silver linings. She is the author of The Friday Night Date Dress, has written several award-winning songs, and is a regular contributor to Move Up magazine. She currently resides on an acreage in the Peace Country of northern Alberta, Canada, with her husband, three surviving boys, a Golden Retriever named Sunshine, and an assortment of farm cats and chickens. She would love to be a mermaid when she grows up.
Are you struggling with the wounds of abuse? If so, you may want to check out my Resources page for information that may help with healing. Please know that I am praying for you and want you to know that healing is possible.
Spread the Word:
Feel free to use these materials for your own enjoyment, or pin and share or add to your blog or website to help spread the word.
- 3 square promo graphics/memes
- Social Media Avatar
- free desktop wallpaper
- Facebook Cover Photo
- 2 horizontal and 1 vertical promo graphic for blogs or websites
Posts about this book:
If Finding Heaven had a soundtrack...
Play this list here:
Songs in this List:
- Never Beyond Repair - Everfound
- Kings & Queens - Audio Adrenaline
- This is Your Life - Switchfoot
- Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) - Chris Tomlin
- Hello, My Name Is - Matthew West
- Need You Now (How Many Times) - Plumb
- Chain Breaker - Zach Williams
- You Are Good (That I May) - Tim Timmons
- He Is With Us - Love & The Outcome
- Just Be Held - Casting Crowns
- Trust In You - Lauren Daigle
- Come As You Are - Crowder
- Hold My Hand - Jess Glynne
- No Longer Slaves (Radio Version) - Bethel Music
- Let Myself Try - Jasmine Thompson
- You Make Me Brave (Studio Version) - Bethel Music
- Priceless - For King & Country
- Beautiful Things - Gungor
- Count On Me - Bruno Mars
- Right Beside Me - Midnight Lights
- My Story - Big Daddy Weave
Free Wallpaper based on "Come As You Are" by Crowder.
Right-click then select "Set as Wallpaper" or save to location on your computer.